Measurements: 5 x 6cm, 5 x 8cm, 5 x 11cm and 5 x 15cm
This is a beautifully crafted, open ended resource that can be used in a variety of ways. Here are some ideas.
- Let the children explore the pebbles independently.
- Use as a construction resource, see if use can stack, balance roll etc. This is really good for hand-eye co-ordination skills.
- Use with other natural materials e.g. pebbles, bark and leaves for a small world scenario.
- Use as part of a treasure collection. It could be objects made of wood, circular objects, things that roll etc.
- Use in language activities. Describe the pebbles. Are they smooth, rounded, wooden natural etc.?
- Make a collection of various pebbles. Some could be smooth, shiny, small and large. Compare them.
- Young children whose schematic interests/behaviours are aligned to things that twist, roll or turn may really enjoy playing with the pebbles.
- The pebbles are a good way of introducing mathematical vocabulary. Can you find me the largest, smallest etc. How tall can you make the tower? How many pebbles did you count? Can you make a pattern?
Please note these are not suitable to be used in sand or water or to be soaked. Not suitable to be left outdoors.
Recommended from birth +